Eastern Christian School teaches technology throughout the entire curriculum. It is a tool we use to learn more about any and every subject.
As we use technology to more fully explore God’s world, we also strive to master it. We master technology by thinking critically about how we use it in our everyday lives, and we master technology by learning the skills needed to use it efficiently and effectively. We call this technological literacy.
Eastern Christian High School’s Business and Technology Department offers classes that are electives from a variety of fields. Our overarching goal is to teach the foundational concepts and skills that are used by professionals in these fields, as well as important 21st century workplace skills. Students will learn the software, as well as the “soft skills” needed to succeed in their field whether at college or in the workplace. They will work, whenever possible, on real world projects that have an effect on the community. And they will work for the glory of God.
In particular, Eastern Christian offers classes in the following (listed with course title and software/skills learned):
- Career & Technical Education: developing workplace and leadership skills for all freshmen
- Financial Literacy: practical financial literacy skills, such as budgeting and checkbook balancing, for all students
- Computer Coding: computational thinking skills with the Python computer language
- Web & App Development: both front end and back end development skills with HTML, CSS, PHP, content management systems and smart phone apps
- Graphic Design: print, web and media design skills with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign as well as online applications
- Design Technology: computer-assisted drafting skills, modeling, construction and rapid prototyping with 3D printing for architecture and engineering
- Media Production: film analysis and content creation skills with a focus on cinematography, editing and emerging practices
- Robotics: learn the engineering development process while building VEX robotics to compete in a variety of challenges
- Journalism: writing and producing a student newspaper in print and digital forms
- Yearbook: writing and producing the annual student yearbook